Group Commitment to Service Award Nomination
Service takes shape in many different ways—through volunteering, activism, and advocacy. This award recognizes the enormous contribution made by a student group in the past year.
This nomination is for a group that demonstrates excellent service to the University or to the community. They must be a recognized student organization.
Suggested Writing Topics*
In writing a nomination for Group Commitment to Service award, you may write about, but are not limited to, the topics listed below:
- Date of the act(s) of service (if available).
- Purpose of the act(s) of service.
- Describe the planning, execution, and outcome of the service provided.
- How did the act(s) of service better or educate those that participated?
- Who and how many people benefitted from the act(s) of service?
- Reason for nomination.
- How did this organization or group make an effort to reach new students?
- What goals were set before the act(s) of service, and how have they been achieved?
*Remember that all of the suggested writing topics do not need to be answered. The suggested writing topics are here to help you write a strong nomination.
Please limit response to no more than 2 pages, single-spaced.