Staff Mentor of the Year Award Nomination
Staff Mentor of the Year
The purpose of the Staff Mentor of the Year award is to recognize a staff member who serves as a mentor to students on campus.
This mentor award will be chosen on the basis of their involvement and investment in the students they work with and the guidance and support given when needed. The mentorship relationship must be in an informal setting, outside of student organization advisement.
Suggested Writing Topics*
In writing a nomination for the Staff Mentor of the Year, you may write about, but you are not limited to, the topics listed below:
- How has this individual contributed to the growth and development of the student(s) they mentor?
- What is the most memorable thing they have done for the student(s) or organization?
- What impact have they had on the campus and the student(s) they were involved with?
- Describe how the mentor supports the goals and mission of the university.
- Describe the mentor’s leadership accomplishments.
- How is it that you are aware of this mentor’s leadership?
*Remember that all of the suggested writing topics do not need to be answered. The suggested writing topics are here to help you write a strong nomination.
Please limit response to no more than 2 pages, single-spaced.