Georgia Education Mentorship (GEM) Application: 2016-17
Application Deadlines, Qualifications, and Instructions
- Application Deadline for GEM 2016-17: March 7, 2016
To qualify for participation, students must:
- be a returning GC student
- be of junior or senior standing by the anticipated start of their program experience
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- be willing and able to take LEAD 2100: Georgia Education Mentorship both fall and spring semesters of their participation - 1 credit hour, graded S/U, class meetings to be scheduled by instructor
- be willing and able to participate in leadership and professional development events and activities both fall and spring semesters of their participation, some of which take place on Fridays, evenings, and/or weekends
- have a driver's license and reliable access to transportation, and be willing and able to travel to meet with their mentor both fall and spring semesters of their participation
- be committed to maintaining good Academic Standing and abiding by the GC Honor Code
- submit an application with all required materials and be willing and able to complete an interview with the GEM Selection Committee on April 1, 8, or 15
To apply, complete and submit this form.
After submitting an application, students will be contacted to schedule an interview that will take place on the afternoon of April 1, 8, or 15. Students will be notified of their selection status by May 2.