Leadership Certificate Program (LCP) Application
Program Description | In the LCP, GC students learn about the principles and practices of effective leadership through the study of leadership topics and models, the acquisition of hands-on leadership experience, and the process of intentional personal reflection.
- improve their understanding of important leadership concepts
- develop valuable leadership skills
- gain direct leadership experience by participating in courses, workshops, discussions, retreats, service projects, presentations, and conferences
Members who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate at a closing ceremony held at an end-of-the-year GC Leadership Programs recognition ceremony and a medallion to be worn at graduation.
Application Deadlines for LCP 2015-16
Early Deadline for Returning Students: February 27, 2015
Final Deadline for Returning Students: March 27, 2015
Final Deadline for Transfer Students: August 1, 2015
The LCP is a year-long program experience, completed by students as a cohort. Students interested in participating must gain acceptance to the program through an application process. Students from all disciplines are invited to apply, and they may do so at any time during the academic year prior to the application deadline.
Program Requirements | Applicants must:
- be of sophomore, junior, or senior standing by the anticipated start of their program experience
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- be able to take LEAD 2010: Principles of Leadership I during the fall semester of their participation - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11am-12:15pm, 3 credit hours
- be able to take LEAD 2011: Principles of Leadership II during the spring semester of their participation - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11am-12:15pm, 3 credit hours
- be willing and able to participate in leadership and professional development events and activities throughout the year, some of which may take place outside of regular class times
- be committed to maintaining good Academic Standing and abiding by the GC Honor Code
Returning students will be notified of their application status by March 6.
Transfer students will be notified by August 7.