Resident Advisor Application
The intention of Residence Life is to focus on the education and holistic growth of the student by creating a safe, socially just, and environmentally responsible community. Resident Advisors play a critical role in the implementation of our mission. Our student leader positions prepare you for being effectual educators, social justice advocates, and community leaders.The Resident Advisor works in conjunction with the Housing and university staff to foster a sense of community and promote a quality environment for all residents.
As with any application and interview process, there are a number of requirements and deadlines that must be met. Please note the information listed below. This information is intended to serve as your guide throughout the process. Lastly, please realize that incomplete applications will not be considered. Have fun and good luck!
Full Job Description Here : RA Job Description
Resident Advisor Timeline
- Tuesday, January 29th - Info Session @ 7pm in College Creek - Great Hall (Above the Marketplace)
- Tuesday, February 5th - Info Session @ 12pm in TBD
- Thursday, February 7th - Info Session @ 8pm in Creekview Lounge
- Monday, February 11th - Info Session @ 8pm in Sunset Classroom (The Hill - Sunset)
- Wednesday, February 14th - Info Session @ 7pm in the Jolly Giant Commons (JGC) Recreation Room on the 1st Floor
- Tuesday, January 22nd - Application Opens
- Thursday, February 14th - Application Closes at 11:45pm ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED
- Monday, February 18th - Interview Offer Emailed
- Monday, February 18th - Friday, February 22nd - RA Candidates Sign up for Interviews
- Monday, February 25th - Friday, March 1st - RA Individual & Group Interviews Conducted
- Monday, March 11th - Friday, March 15th - RA Offer Letters made available at Main Housing Office
- Friday, March 13th - RA Acceptances Due to the Main Housing Office by 5pm
- Friday, April 12th - Mandatory Orientation for 2019 - 2020 Staff at 5pm (Location TBD
Direct any questions to ResLife@Humboldt.edu.
If you are interested in working with students in a specific community, click HERE to view our themed, cultural, and Living Learning Communities for more information.