RESIDENT ADVISOR APPLICATION
The intention of Residence Life is to focus on the education and holistic growth of the student by creating a safe, socially just, and environmentally responsible community. Resident Advisors play a critical role in the implementation of our mission. Our student leader positions prepare you for being effectual educators, social justice advocates, and community leaders. The Resident Advisor works in conjunction with the Housing and university staff to foster a sense of community and promote a quality environment for all residents.
As with any application and interview process, there are a number of requirements and deadlines that must be met. Please note the information listed below. This information is intended to serve as your guide throughout the process. Lastly, please realize that incomplete applications will not be considered. Have fun and good luck!
Full Job Description Here: RA Job Description
Form for References: RESIDENCE LIFE STUDENT LEADER RECOMMENDATION FORM
Resident Advisor Timeline
- Wednesday, February 19th - Info Session @ 8pm in College Creek - Great Hall (Above the Marketplace)
- Monday, February 24th - Info Session @ 8pm in Creekside Lounge (in Creekview)
- Tuesday, March 3rd - Info Session @ 12pm in the LIB 209 (The Library Fishbowl)
- Thursday, March 5th - Info Session @ 8pm in Sunset Classroom (The Hill - Sunset)
- Wednesday, March 11th - Info Session @ 7pm in the Jolly Giant Commons (JGC) Recreation Room on the 1st Floor
- Monday, February 24th - Application Opens
- Friday, March 13th - Application Closes at 12:00pm COMPLETED APPLICATION AND RECOMMENDATION FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED
- Wednesday, March 18th - Interview Offer Emailed
- Wednesday, March 18th - Friday, March 20th - RA Candidates Sign up for Interviews
- Monday, March 23rd - Friday, March 27th - RA Individual & Group Interviews Conducted
- Monday, April 6th - Friday, April 10th - RA Offer Letters made available at Main Housing Office
- Friday, April 10th - RA Acceptances Due to the Main Housing Office by 5pm
- Friday, April 24th - Mandatory Orientation for 2020 - 2021 Staff at 5pm (Location TBD)
Direct any questions to ResLife@Humboldt.edu.
If you are interested in working with students in a specific community, click HERE to view our themed, cultural, and Living Learning Communities for more information.