SA STUDENT LEADER APPLICATION
Student Assistants (SAs) assist the Residence Life professional staff, residents and staff by co-advising student leadership councils, serving as mentors for Community Advocates and Activities Student Assistants, and providing administrative support.
To apply for the Student Assistant position please fill out the Orgsync application and create a PowerPoint presentation that you will upload and present to the Residence Life Coordinators. Please use the below presentation outline, and do not change the ordering of questions or add any slides. You will have 10 minutes to present, and 5 minutes for questions/answers. Presentations and application are due December 8th by 11:59pm
- How do you plan to transition from a CA/ASA to an SA? (For new applicants)
- As a returning SA what transitions or challenges might you experience as a returning SA? (For Returning SA)
- How might you assist in lead a new team, and help student leaders in developing community in their areas?
- Tell us about your time management routine, and how do you plan to add the SA position to that routine?
- What are your goals for next year (specific to the SA position)
- Earn 12 units/semester if undergraduate student, 7 units/semester if graduate student
- 2.5 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if undergraduate student, 3.0 semester and cumulative G.P.A. if graduate student
- New applicants must not have earned more than 136 units
- Returning applicants must not have earned more than 150 units
- Must be able to work 20 hours a week
- May not exceed 10 hours of outside employment/extra-curricular activities per week without supervisor’s
- Applicants must have lived on campus at least one year or have comparable experience
- Applicants must be in good standing judicially with Housing & Residence Life and the University
- Previous experience working in Residence Life and Housing preferred