FALL SNAC HOURS:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:00-5:00pm
Click here to sign up to help in the SNAC pantry. We also need volunteers to help make food runs to the Cache Valley Food Pantry (once a week in the mornings, time flexible).
If you are interested in helping out with the Food Recovery around campus (mornings), join the Food Recovery Network portal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
SNAC is supported by the AmeriCorps program of the Corporation for National and Community Service
In 2010, a small group of students concerned about their peers' access to food came together to found the Student Nutrition Access Center (SNAC). From SNAC's humble beginnings in a trailer at the former USU Trailer Court, to a single metal cabinet, to the pantry that it is today, students have invested countless hours and a lot of energy to respond to the nutritional needs of other USU students. Today, SNAC is located in TSC 333.
Currently, SNAC offers the following items free of charge to USU students with a USU ID card:
- Canned and boxed food donated by the Cache Community Food Pantry
- Recovered bread, bagels, pastries, yogurt parfaits, hummus cups, donuts donated by USU Dining Services
- Fresh vegetables from the USU Student Organic Farm and the Utah Conservation Corps
There are many ways to volunteer!
1. Volunteer to help staff the SNAC pantry. Volunteers keep the pantry tidy, scan SNAC patrons' ID cards, and answer questions.
2. Bring your friends and volunteer at USU's largest, month-long food drive, Stuff-a-Bus! Every Monday night in November students board Aggie Shuttles and go to a designated neighborhood to pick up food donations from community members. All the food collected goes to the Cache Community Food Pantry.
3. Help USU Food Recovery gather unsold food from USU Dining locations every morning. These volunteers then sort and repackage the recovered food so students can conveniently take bread and refrigerator items home.
Known as SNAC, provides canned and recovered food to students for free.
Social Justice & Environment
Please list your goals for the next year
To help Students get access to food! and give back to the community.
(For example: social, service, brotherhood/sisterhood, leadership, physical/fitness, etc.)
Service, social and events!
Volunteering at the food pantry on campus
STUFF a BUS
Restocking the food pantry