Multicultural Programming Council (MPC) Application
Welcome to the Multicultural Programming Council (MPC) Leadership Application!
The Multicultural Center coordinates a Multicultural Programming Council (MPC) that functions as the advisory board to the Multicultural Center and its programs. The council consists of student leaders of multicultural groups who provide input on events and initiatives developed and supported by the Multicultural Center. The council also provides workshops, advisement and funding to Georgia State student organizations.
We are looking for officers and members to serve in the following capacities:
- Program Coordinators - Workshops & Funding (2)
- Plan workshops
- Serve on funding committee
- Designate food menu for workshops
- Determine facilitators for workshops
- Program Coordinators - Heritage Months (3)
- Will have one spring and fall heritage month to plan heritage month events
- Will serve on the respective heritage month committee
- Will plan and execute events for the specific heritage month
- Marketing & Outreach Coordinators (2)
- Connect students and student organizations with our office
- Promote our events and workshops to the GSU community
- Student Organization Representative
- Serve one of the MPC committees
- Have at least one representative at each event/meeting
MPC Officers & Members are responsible for:
- Attending MPC meetings biweekly (meeting time will be determined by members' schedules).
- Serve on the Multicultural Programming Council for the 2017-2018 academic year (August 2017 until May 2018)
- Plan and volunteer the Multicultural Center events each semester.
- Serve on the MPC Funding Committee which meets twice per semester to provide guidance and collaborate with staff on funding decisions for student organizations.
- Create ad-hoc committees as needed to review and provide advisory feedback to the Multicultural Center staff.
- Assist the Multicultural Center with outreach and marketing of programs and services.
Advising & Leadership:
The Multicultural Programming Council are advised by the Multicultural Center Community Building and Student Success staff, who will be directly involved in building and supporting the organization. The MPC will function as a student initiative of the Multicultural Center.
- Must be a Georgia State University student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Must have completed at least one semester and 12 hours at Georgia State University.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing.
You can save your application at any time and return to working on it; however, you must complete your application submission by Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact:
- Christina Wan, Senior Student Development Specialist for Community Building & Student Success
- Ari Jones, Graduate Assistant for Community Building & Student Success