Campus Ministry Happenings: February 26, 2019
Feb 26, 2019 by Anna C Robertson
This Week in Campus Ministry
Interfaith Game Night
Tuesday, February 26, 2019, STCN 210, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Come out to play games with your friends while meeting people of different religious or non-religious traditions. Pizza and snacks will be provided! There will be prizes for game winners!
Got Bible Study: A New Year, A New You: The Bible as a Resource for Renewal
March 5, 2019, STCN 122, 12:30-1:30, STCN 122
For those interested in bible study and real talk. Bring your own lunch. Bibles and cookies provided.
Deadlines and Reminders
- Interfaith Prayer Book: Submit a piece that is significant to you for the Interfaith Prayer Book that will be published in Spring Quarter. Campus Ministry is accepting submissions of works that help you reflect on the following six themes: Justice, Purpose, Community, The Sacred, Contemplation, Love. This book will include diverse ways that individuals connect with these topics on a spiritual level. All methods of meaning making are acceptable for this project. Submissions can be made on ConnectSU. Submit by March 11th (Deadline extended).
- Register for Catholic Students' Retreat: This retreat will be offered April 5-7 at Camp SAMBICA on Lake Sammamish. Renew your relationship with God, yourself, and community this Lent! Join the campus Catholic students' community for a weekend of fellowship, fun, prayer, reflection, and relaxation. Students who are not Catholic but are open to a retreat rooted in the Catholic tradition are welcome to attend. Register by March 18th.
- Apply to Lead Spring Search Retreat: Leadership on the Search Retreat is open to any undergraduate alumni of the SU Search Retreat, as well as alumni of comparable high school retreats who have completed their first year of college. Spring Search takes place from May 10-12th, 2019. Apply by March 10th,
- Apply for the Interfaith Immersion: This is an opportunity to experience religious diversity in an international setting. Students will travel over Memorial Day Weekend to Richmond, Vancouver, and Whistler, B.C. to visit a Buddhist temple, a Hindu cultural center, a synagogue, a mosque, a church, and other historical and cultural sites. Cost is $200, with fundraising and financial assistance available. Formation will be held in early Spring Quarter, including various local religious/faith community site visits in the Puget Sound. The Immersion will be from May 24th-May 27th. Apply on ConnectSU by March 18th.
Save The Date: Upcoming Events
We will be featuring some cool goings-on around campus down here in our newsletter. Check out these opportunities from our on-campus partners! Do you have a program or opportunity coming up you'd like to see featured here? Email Anna Robertson with your request and a brief blurb!
- Have you met our friends visiting us this quarter and next on exchange from our sister university in Nicaragua, Central American University? This Thursday's your chance! Stop by the ISC Lounge in Pigott Pavilion on Thursday from 1-3pm to hear their stories and eat some superb Nicaraguan food. RSVP on ConnectSU.
- It's time for UREC's annual Project Positive! This signature program focuses on the uniqueness of your own individuality and positive body image. This project is demonstrated through programming, campus and community partnerships as well as an art installation in the Eisiminger Fitness Center where we transform the facility completely. For more information on how to get involved this week, visit ConnectSU.
- Just two more days to take the survey on student wellbeing organized by Student Health Center and Wellness and Health Promotion! Check your SU email to see if you are invited to take the survey. A random sample of students have been invited to take the survey, and those who complete it will be entered to win an Apple Watch (or FitBit) and one of three $50 Amazon gift cards! Click here for more information.
- The United Filipino Club of Seattle University is excited to be hosting our 25th Annual Barrio Fiesta on March 2, 2019 in the Campion Ballroom! Through this year's theme, Magsaya: Ikaw ang Lahat (Rejoice: You are Everything), we aim to re-channel our pride as being a people and showcase the essence of being Filipino American by focusing on three core values that embody the Filipino spirit: simplicity, hope, and joy. Get tickets here!