Campus Ministry Happenings: 2/19-2/26
Feb 19, 2019 by Anna C Robertson
This Week in Campus Ministry
Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 6:30pm-7:30pm, Chapel of St. Ignatius
Join us for a prayerful evening of silence, scripture, and song! Please contact Margaret Girardin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in assisting in setup, cleanup, or leading us in worship.
Queer People of Faith Talking Circle: Love
Thursday, February 21, 2019, STCN 130, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Join us for a time together in community circle talking on a central theme. The theme of this circle will be Love (in all its forms) How do you love? How do you feel loved? What does love mean to you?
Interfaith Game Night
Tuesday, February 26, 2019, STCN 210, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Come out to play games with your friends while meeting people of different religious or non-religious traditions. Pizza and snacks will be provided! There will be prizes for game winners!
Deadlines and Reminders
- Register for Catholic Students Retreat: This retreat will be offered April 5-7 at Camp SAMBICA on Lake Sammamish. Renew your relationship with God, yourself, and community this Lent! Join the campus Catholic students' community for a weekend of fellowship, fun, prayer, reflection, and relaxation. Students who are not Catholic but are open to a retreat rooted in the Catholic tradition are welcome to attend.
- Apply to Lead Spring Search Retreat: Leadership on the Search Retreat is open to any undergraduate alumni of the SU Search Retreat, as well as alumni of comparable high school retreats who have completed their first year of college. Spring Search takes place from May 10-12th, 2019. Apply by March 10th!
Save The Date: Upcoming Events
We will be featuring some cool goings-on around campus down here in our newsletter. Check out these opportunities from our on-campus partners! Do you have a program or opportunity coming up you'd like to see featured here? Email Anna Robertson with your request and a brief blurb!
- Our friends at the Office of Multicultural Affairs have extended the deadline to apply to serve as a Peer Mentor for the Connections Leadership Program until next Monday! Serving as guides, advisors, and friends to students of color in the Connections Leadership Program, peer mentors play a vital role in how students of color engage the campus community and establish avenues for academic success. Apply through the Leadership Application on ConnectSU!
- The United Filipino Club of Seattle University is excited to be hosting our 25th Annual Barrio Fiesta on March 2, 2019 in the Campion Ballroom! Through this year's theme, Magsaya: Ikaw ang Lahat- Rejoice: You are Everything, we aim to re-channel our pride as being a people and showcase the essence of being Filipino American by focusing on three core values that embody the Filipino spirit: simplicity, hope, and joy. Get tickets here!
- Did you hear the news that SU's recycling is so contaminated that it risks to be sent to the landfill by end of February 2019? Help our campus improve its recycling practices by joining us for a fun recycling sorting event. On Tuesday, 02/19/2019, all of SU’s recycling from one day will be thrown on a "mound of waste" at the Library Plaza. Come and find out what we throw away in the wrong bin and educate others about it. Students, staff and faculty are invited to volunteer… even just five minutes may lead to interesting finds in the recycling! Visit www.seattleu.edu/recyclemania for more information or contact Nathan Wolk, Recycling Coordinator and Compost Technician with SU Facilities, at email@example.com.