This winter has sped by and the Spring 2019 semester is just on the horizon. Please review the updates below re: Reactivation, Deadlines, Clubs Orientation, OrgSync Training, and Treasurer Training.
[Spring Reactivation and Deadlines]
We are now having both Fall semester and Spring semester reactivation periods but your club only needs to reactivate once an academic year. Deadline for Spring 2019 reactivation is February 19th at 5pm. If all steps are not completed by 2/19/19, your club will not be able to activate.
Below are the steps that need to be completed by the February 19th deadline for Spring Activation (Come into the Clubs & Activities office in the UC 2nd floor for the advisor forms and club checklist):
- Update club’s OrgSync Page
- Ensure your club constitution is current & upload any edits
- Update Officer Positions
- Confirm all information on portal is current
- President/Treasurer meet minimum GPA and Unit requirements
- 2.0 minimum GPA for undergraduates
- Maximum 136 units for undergraduates
- Minimum of 5 members join club’s OrgSync page
- President and one (1) other Executive Member/Officer must attend Clubs Orientation (see “Clubs Orientation”)
- One (1) Club Officer participates in OrgSync training (see “OrgSync Training”)
- Online Advisor Orientation
- Clery Act Acknowledgement Form (found in Clubs & Activities Office)
- Volunteer ID form (found in Clubs & Activities Office)
To access the club account, the Treasurer will attend the treasurer training (see”Treasurer- Cash Handling Training”)
*Not mandated to activate club but required to utilize club financial account
Two (2) Executive board or club officers (President and 1 other member) are required to attend the clubs orientation. This orientation covers the mandated training for Title IX, Anti-Hazing, Alcohol & Other Drugs. We will also be covering campus policies & procedures including some major changes in campus processes.
Sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/HOYsK3SjPO1WQIix1
We have two (2) Clubs Orientation dates available:
- Friday, January 25th from 4pm-7:30pm in the Kate Buchanan Room
- Friday, February 15th from 5pm-8:30pm in the Kate Buchanan Room
Deadline(s) for signing up for Orientation are:
- Tuesday, January 22nd for Jan 25th Training
- Tuesday, February 12th for the Feb 15th Training
One (1) club officer from each club/organization is mandated to participate in the OrgSync training. We recommend sending a club officer who will be utilizing the system a lot or a club officer who has not used the system before.
[Treasurer- Cash Handling Training]
Before your club can fundraise or handle money on behalf of your club or organization, your club treasures will need to attend the “Cash Handling” training. Your clubs account will not be activated until this step is completed. We highly encourage club treasurers and presidents to attend, although it is not mandatory if you are not handling any money on campus. The club officers who attend this training will be the only people authorized to handle money. They will then be responsible for training the rest of the organization on proper financial management.
*Club accounting paperwork can only be obtained at the “Cash Handling” training.
**Please Note: Off-campus club accounts are not permitted for student clubs or organizations.
[Community and Belonging Fair ( formerly known as Clubs Fair)]
You will be able to sign up for this event AFTER you have registered for clubs orientation. The date is February 6th from 10am-2pm. We are welcoming off campus businesses, on campus departments, and clubs. This fair is now combining the Orientation Neighborhood Fair, The Rec and Wellness Fair and the Clubs fair. We will have over 110 groups tabling but only space for 60 clubs, so sign up for Orientation early so you can secure your spot for the Community and Belonging Fair.
Welcome to the Clubs Resources, Forms, and Help page. Here, majority of prior hard copy processes for clubs have been transferred to a digital format. Active student clubs can access forms, ask questions in our forums, upload and download files, see upcoming campus events, and so on.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about navigating this portal through the 'Discussions' tab (located under 'More') or send us a message by clicking on the "Clubs Office Front Desk Staff" icon under current positions.
***Most forms can be found online ***
Below are the forms that are available on OrgSync:
Event Request Application
- Accessible through your club portal. You can also reserve rooms for events/club meetings through this new system!
- Certain rooms have to be requested through the Clubs Office. (Examples of those rooms include athletic fields, rooms in the Kinesiology building, science labs, etc.)
- If you do not see it on OrgSync and want to reserve it, make a meeting with the Clubs Coordinator at mollykresl.youcanbook.me
Travel- Request for Authorization
- All club travel outside of Humboldt County and club travel within the county if you are utilizing club funds or staying overnight- i.e. camping, etc.
Event Grant Application
- To apply for funding for an on-campus, free event
Travel Grant Application
- To apply for funding for student club travel
Food Permit and Food Handlers Card Upload
- Required whether you are selling food or just giving it away!
Bulk Email Request
- To advertise your club event details in the weekly University Notices
Email Account Access
- For officers to give email account access to other members in the club
Below are the forms still in the Clubs Office or found under files on OrgSync (need to be submitted in person):
Chalking and Staking forms
- Getting approval for advertising w/ chalk and staked posters around campus
Donation Acknowledgement Form
- To get your donor a letter from the University for their taxes
- For the Quad and other on-campus spaces
- Checking out supplies to use for club tabling on the Quad and your events
Payment Request Form
- To reimburse club members for buying supplies, to pay a guest lecturer/speaker, etc.