2019 Parent & Family Ambassador Application
Parent & Family Ambassadors serve as a student member of the New Student & Family Programs staff and work collaboratively to assist parents and family members in their student’s successful transition to the University of Arkansas. Parent & Family Ambassadors assist in the planning and implementation of Parent & Family Programs events, and supervise staffing needs outlined by New Student & Family Programs. This position will report to the Graduate Assistant for Parent & Family Programs and the Coordinator of Parent & Family Programs.
- Serve as an ambassador for Parent & Family Programs and a representative of the University of Arkansas.
- Participate and assist in all meetings, trainings, and workshops associated with Parent & Family Ambassadors and New Student & Family Programs.
- Required to assist with the planning, set-up, and staffing of Parent & Family Program events such as: Family Weekend, New Student Orientation, New Student Welcome, Welcome Weeks, etc.
- Assist with New Student Orientation, including, but not limited to the Information Fair, Parent Panel, selling of New Beginnings Parent Calendars, mingling with attendees at dinner, Proud Razorback Parent photos, etc.
- Work required number of office hours (outlined below).
- Create blogs, vlogs, Facebook Live features and more to engage parents and family members.
- Attend and work events outlined in the timeline attached to this application.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned the NSFP staff or as necessitated by the job.
November 25 Parent & Family Ambassador Applications Due
November 26 & 27 Interviews for Parent & Family Ambassadors
November 30 Parent & Family Ambassadors Notified
- Salary is based on a stipend. The $750.00 (before taxes) stipend is divided into 7 payments, as listed below. Parent & Family Ambassadors must complete a minimum of 2 scheduled office hours per month and 5 office hours during August, and September. The Additional Required Dates of Employment are included in the stipend and do not entitle any additional compensation.
- If you are unable to participate in all required office hours and additional dates of employment, your stipend is subject to being decreased.
- A Parent & Family Ambassadors employment may be terminated if it is determined that he/she is not maintaining ethics befitting a professional, not performing satisfactorily, not able to work productively with others, not meeting GPA and conduct requirements (good conduct standing and at least a 2.5 GPA at ALL times), or jeopardizing the success and reputation of Parent Ambassadors and the office of New Student & Family Programs. Your grades will be reviewed at each semester. If you do not meet the 2.5 GPA minimum, you will be released of your duties.
Additional Required Dates of Employment:
Date: Event: Time:
December 4 Parent & Family Ambassador Meet & Greet
February 28 Training I
March 14 Training II
March 28 Training III
March 29-30 Spring Family Reunion
March 31 Leadership Retreat/Ropes Course
April 4 Training IV
April 18 Training V
April 6 Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI)
New Student Orientation:
August 25 New Student Welcome
August 18- September 6 Welcome Weeks
September (TBD) Family Weekend Staff Meeting
September (TBD) Family Weekend Thursday-Sunday
*Parent & Family Ambassadors are only required to work 6 shifts for New Student Orientation in the months of June and August.
***APPLICATION DEADLINE DUE SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH***