Apply for a Social Security Number at the OISS (September 13)
Save yourself some time and apply for your Social Security Number (SSN) at the OISS! Representatives from the local Social Security office will be at the OISS to review your application for a SSN, making it a quick and easy process.
To submit an application, you must be eligible to receive a SSN based on your visa status and income source; see our online SSN information for details. Your initial check-in date with the OISS must be at least two weeks before you apply for a SSN.
When you register for this event, you will be asked to select a 15-minute appointment time with a Social Security Administrator - please select only one time. Please arrive to the OISS at least 5 minutes before your appointment time.
You must bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Completed SSN application
- Valid passport + printed copy of your passport information page, U.S. visa page, and POE stamp
- Printout of your I-94 record
- Immigration document (DS-2019 or I-20) + photocopy of all pages
- Signed letter from OISS (you received this letter during your OISS check-in)
- F-1 students with on-campus employment must also bring a confirmation letter from Student Employment
- Admissions letter (only PhDs - you received this letter during your OISS check-in)
Spaces are limited, so register as soon as possible to guarantee your space!
If you miss this event, you can go to the local SSA Office to apply, located at 150 Court St, New Haven.
Register Here: http://oiss.yale.edu/ssn-sep13-fa17