Student Organization Faculty Advisor Agreement (2017-2018)
FACULTY ADVISOR SUPPORT AGREEMENT
Every recognized student organization at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering must have an active advisor. The advisor must be a full-time or part-time University faculty or staff member. In order for a group to maintain their status as a recognized organization, this form must be completed and remain on file with OSARC. Student organizations that cannot secure an advisor should consult with OSARC as soon as a vacancy occurs. Any questions regarding this position should be made to the Office of Student Activities & Resource Center.
- Assist group members in the development of a Mission Statement, a Constitution, and annual goals.
- Provide support and serve as a resource for the group throughout the entire academic year.
- Advise group officers on the University's policies for recognized student organizations.
- Assist group in election of officers and support group through the transitions.
- Assist group members in the development of a yearly calendar of events.
- Serve as a liaison between the group and OSARC/Student Affairs.
- Attend organizational functions and meetings when appropriate.
- Assist the group in the development of a budget using their initial allocation funding.
- Review and approve all supplemental funding requests.