(Helping Our Pioneers Excel)
Pioneers for H.O.P.E (Helping Our Pioneers Excel) California State University, East Bay's new intervention program will address the Chancellor's food and housing security initiatives to include wide-ranging efforts to immediately serve some of our most-at risk students facing homelessness, food insecurity, and other various crisis situations.
Pioneers for H.O.P.E. (Helping Our Pioneers Excel) is Cal State East Bay’s new intervention program will address the Chancellor’s food and housing security initiative to include wide-ranging efforts to immediately serve some of our most at-risk students facing homelessness, food insecurity, and other various crisis situations.
The program aims to provide at-risk students with meals, temporary housing assistance, emergency funds and referrals to resources that correlate to student success, health and wellness. The H.O.P.E. Advisory Board, with representatives from various departments on campus, meets to implement support for students to include:
1. An annual giving campaign for monetary donations.
2. The opening of two campus food pantries in collaboration with the Alameda County Food Bank and the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano for the Concord campus.
3. Donation drives for students to include career clothing, toiletries, seasonal drives for coats and socks, etc.
4. Establish an emergency intervention fund to support students in need of emergency assistance.
5. Identify sources of temporary housing for students in need.