Christian Privilege: But Our Founding Fathers Were All Christian, Right?!
How do Christians in the USA experience life in an easier way than non-Christians? Even with the separation of Church and State, are there places where Christians have built-in advantages over non-Christians? How do we celebrate Christian identities and acknowledge that Christians receive unmerited perks from institutions and systems all across our country? Let’s reflect upon ways we can live up to our personal and national values that make room for all religious and secular identities on an equal playing field. All are welcome!
- Participants will be able to describe what is meant by privilege overall and white privilege specifically.
- Participants will be able to describe the role of denial when it comes to white privilege.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between equality and equity.
- Participants will be able to list at least three examples of Christian privilege.
- Participants will be able to list at least three ways to be an ally with a non-Christian person.
Presented by Timothy Kane, Multicultural Student Services Center ( MSSC )
YOU MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND THIS SESSION.