Historical Event (Fiscal Year 2016-2017)
Associated Students Incorporated of SF State
Fiscal Year 2016-17
Historical Event Funding Request Form
Last Day to Submit Proposal is Thursday, March 2nd, 2017
The Finance Committee of Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) has jurisdiction to monitor the funding allocation practices of ASI, and must ensure fairness as well as impartiality in the distribution of subsidies to student organizations. The committee meets weekly in the Cesar Chavez Student Center's Delmy Rodriguez Conference Room at 2:00 PM on Mondays. Student Organizations wishing to receive ASI subsidy for events cost must turn in this application and present to the Finance Committee before receiving funds, and organization funding may not be used to reimburse payments made before a request was granted.
The ten events listed below are defined as Historical Events, and are qualified to receive up to $4,000 in the fiscal year. If your event is not listed below, please use the alternate application for regular event funding.
1. International Education Exchange Council "Study Abroad Fair"
2. Black Student Union "Black History Month"
3. Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity "Annual Step Show"
4. PACE "Pilipino Cultural Night"
5. Alpha Phi Omega "Multi-cultural AIDS Awareness Day"
6. Asian Student Union "Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month"
7. La Raza Student Organization "Semana de La Raza"
8. Student Kouncil of Intertribal Nation "Annual Pow Wow"
9. Student Health Advisory Committee "African American Health Fair"
- Review the Student Organization Handbook (can be downloaded from http://asi.sfsu.edu)
- Comply with Student Organization Recognition Requirements (Register with SAE)
- Determine if your event is within the required timeframe (21 working/business days)
- Ensure that your request is within ASI funding policy and process guidelines (Student Organization Handbook)
- Fill out and submit this application to the ASI Business Office in M-102 (Cesar Chavez Student Center Building)
- An ASI representative will contact you with the meeting time and date for your budget presentation
- Attend the Finance Committee meeting in which you are scheduled ( Plan for a 5 minute presentation)
After submitting your funding application, we will contact you within 3 business days. (If you haven't heard from Associated Students Business Office after 3 business days, please contact us)
For questions regarding this form, policies, or processes, please contact:
Associated Students VP of Finance Associated Students Business and Administration Office
(415) 338-2892, firstname.lastname@example.org (415) 338-2321 email@example.com,http://asi.sfsu.edu
Location: Cesar Chavez Student Center Building, M-113B Location: Cesar Chavez Student Center Bldg., M-102