Intent to Register a NEW Student Organization
Congratulations on wanting to start a new student organization at the University of Iowa! Starting Fall 2015, the process for starting a new organization has changed a little bit.
- Before you submit a New Organization Registration Form on OrgSync, you need to complete and submit this form, then...
- Create a constitution for your potential new organization using the Constitutional Standards & Guidelines document.
- Contact the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership to schedule a 30-45 minute Pre-Registration meeting with the Coordinator for Student Organization Development (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to start a new Sports Club, please contact Recreational Services to meet with an Assistant Director, Sports Programs (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bring a hard copy of the final draft of the constitution with you to the Pre-Registration meeting.
- If a Pre-Registration meeting is not scheduled and held within 3 months of submitting this Form, the Form will be deleted from the queue without notification.
This form and the Pre-Registration meetings are designed to help you think through your vision of your potential new student organization and understand any implications on the front end to help expedite the registration process once the request is submitted on OrgSync.
*Please note: If a New Organization Registration Form is submitted without first having a Pre-registration meeting, the form will be re-opened and will not be reviewed until a meeting has been held.