317176 - Program Aide, Work-Study Required - Off-Campus
Jan 29, 2019 by Jordan Sherar Frank
POSITION: Program Aide
COMPANY: Boys and Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
ADDRESS: 1005 N. 7th St, Silsbee, TX, 77656
HOURS: 19.50 hours per week
WAGE:Current work-study rate
Position Summary: The Program Aide/Youth Development Professional plans, implements and supervises members, and evaluates activities and outcomes within a specific program area, supporting our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character and Citizenship.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote and stimulate program participation for all members.
- Register new members and participate in their Club orientation process.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure Club and child safety, quality programs and good appearance of the branch at all times. Track and assess outcomes through periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly unit staff meetings.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid State Driver’s License, without violations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Supervisor and Club Location:
The job will be at the Hardin County Boys & Girls Club located at 1005 N. 7th St, Silsbee, TX, 77656. Send all applications to the attention of Jacob Brooks – firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries can also call 409-386-2582 for more information.