317170 - Education Program Aide, Work-Study Required - Off-Campus
Jan 29, 2019 by Jordan Sherar Frank
Position: Education Program Aide
Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
Address: 1005 N. 7th St, Silsbee, TX, 77656
Hours: 19.50 hours per week
Wage: Current work-study rate
Position Summary: Responsible for developing, evaluating and overseeing education programs in a designated unit. Programs shall include multiple disciplines such as tutoring, homework help, Project Learn, Power Hour, technology programs and other mediums as approved. Develop relationships within the surrounding community that offer youth opportunities to experience, shows and exhibits and other related venues. Plan and execute a calendar for a wide range of daily, weekly and monthly themes.
- Establish activities and services with Unit Director that prepare youth for success and that create an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Collaborate with outside agencies, schools and other groups in matters affecting the education program.
- Keep records of programs, evaluations and back up according to grant expectations.
- Develop schedule of programs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis with Site Directors.
- Plan, implement, and/or assist Boys & Girls Clubs of America education program to enable youth to develop knowledge. Programs will include; Power Hour and Project Learn, Digital Arts – Tech platforms: Web design and Internet safety.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures in regards to participant safety, risk management, and building security.
- Collect baseline and outcome data.
- Prepare all evaluations and grant reports as needed.
- Complete reports on a timely matter.
- Plan for and request purchases of supplies and equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, regular contact with Area Director and Director of Operations to interpret and explain program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
- Background or educational history in Education.
- Experience in a Boys and Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to counsel effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Supervisor and Club Location:
The job will be at the Hardin County Boys & Girls Club located at 1005 N. 7th St, Silsbee, TX, 77656. Send all applications to the attention of Jacob Brooks – firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries can also call 409-386-2582 for more information.