Student Assistant - Dishman School of Nursing
May 8, 2017 by LU Student Engagement
DIVISION: College of Arts and Sciences
TITLE: Student Assistant
HOURS: Up to 19.5 per week
WAGE: Begins at $9.00 per hour
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
START DATE: Immediately (Summer 2017). This is a long-term assignment.
Position Summary: To assist Dishman School of Nursing staff and faculty in the School of Nursing administrative offices. Tasks include providing general information, filing, occasional data entry, photocopying, answering phones, picking up campus mail, running errands on campus.
- Must be full-time Lamar University student
- Must have 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be an undergraduate student and a non-nursing major (no pre-nursing or BSN students)
- Basic filing skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow directions
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately
- Must be prompt and dependable
- Have a professional manner
- Work Study Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel
- Previous experience in an office environment
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position must submit the following documents via the online application:
- Cover Letter
No walk-ins and no phone calls, please.