Off-Campus Work-Study - Tutor
Oct 4, 2016 by LU Student Engagement
COMPANY: Bob Hope School
ADDRESS: 2849 9th Avenue, Port Arthur, TX 77642
HOURS: Up to 19.5 per week
WAGE: $10 per hour
Position Summary: Assist teacher in providing assistance to peers to increase their chances of academic success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet students in one-on-one, small group, drop-in, and classroom tutoring formats to give learning assistance
- Work cooperatively with classroom teacher to supply intervention to selected individuals and small groups of children using adopted intervention programs
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly
- Perform related duties as assigned in accordance with district policies and practices
- Work-study eligible
- Must have good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with peers in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to instruct students
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgement
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse school setting
- Reliable transportation
You must be work-study eligible and have reliable transportation to apply for this position.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
For resume assistance, contact the Center for Career and Professional Development at 409-880-8878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.