Fraternity & Sorority Life - Form E
*This Form has been updated - please read all instructions.*
Thank you for proposing an out-house educational event for Iowa's Fraternity & Sorority Life Community.
In response to recent feedback and a large variation in request for educationals, we have created requirements for educationals. Before submitting a form make sure that your educational meets one or more of the requirements. If it does not, your event will not be approved for FSL credit. Additionally, we have recently updated the Form E and created a more streamlined process for the submission and approval of forms.
Review and Approval Process:
- Submissions must be made at least two (2) weeks before your proposed event is to take place.
- The Fraternity & Sorority Life Leadership & Education Committee meets weekly on Wednesday to review all pending submissions. (i.e., if you submit a form on Thursday it will not be reviewed until the following Wednesday)
- When reviewing Form E submissions, the Committee will evaluate each proposal using a similar set of questions:
- What are the qualifications and reputation of this speaker?
- Are they an expert on this topic?
- Will the content of the program serve to education UI FSL students meaningfully and in a way consistent with FSL values?
- Is the program endorsed or co-sponsored by reputable partners such as University Lecture Committee, the CDE, CDO, Dean of Students office, Residence Education, Health and Wellness, WRAC, RVAP, etc.?
- Will the program create a “greater good” or have a limiting or negative impact?
- What support would the Councils need to provide participants if we endorse this program?
In your description be sure to include how your educational meets these requirements:
- Social Responsibility
- Sexual Assault
- Alcohol and Drug Safety
- Mental Health
If you have any questions feel free to contact:
IFC VP of Education & Leadership - Samuel Hansen
NPHC VP for Leadership & Education - JaMaya Austin
MGC VP for Finance & Operations - Carolina Serna
PHC VP of Education & Leadership - Allison Clements
Advisor - Ryan Miller