2nd Student Life Awards - Application Form (Competitions Sports - Sportsman/Sportswoman of the Year)
The Sportsman/Sportswoman of the Year Award seeks to recognise high performing male/female sporting individuals with an exceptional track record of achievements.
Applicants who have taken on leadership roles (e.g. varsity leaders or any other student leadership positions) will be given additional consideration. Individuals must have performed their leadership role well, and shown exemplary conduct in administrative matters.
Individuals must also meet the following requirements:
- Consistent outstanding sporting achievements (i.e. top 3) in tertiary, national, international competitions or equivalent. This includes athletes who have done exceptionally well for their matches despite team not emerging top in the tournament e.g. top tertiary singles but team not 1st in SUniG or IVP
- Tertiary competition: At least 3 other competing university teams or 6 other competing tertiary institution
- National/ Open competition: At least 6 other competing teams
- International competition: At least 6 other competing teams
- Been instrumental for the team’s achievements (for team sport athletes)
- Displayed exemplary sportsmanship, and conduct
- Contributed back to the community through:
- organising/supporting/coordinating Inter-Faculty Games;
- facilitating teamNUS Summit; or
- organising/participating in any community building/service projects
Before submitting an application, please ensure that you have read and understood the General Eligibility Criteria and other terms and conditions as stated in the Student Life Awards Details here.
All nominations must be made online via this form and submitted by 31 July 2019, 2359 hours. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.