2nd Student Life Awards - Application Form (Competitions Sport - NUS President Sports Awards)
The NUS President Sports Awards is the highest accolade for a sporting team and/or individual. This award recognises outstanding consistent sporting achievements for at least 3 consecutive years inclusive of this current qualifying period.
Note: Distinction recipients of this award from 1st Student Life Awards 2019 and NUS Sports Awards 2018 are not eligible to apply.
Teams must also meet the following requirements:
- Must have been a previous nominee/winner or distinction/ merit recipient of Sports Team of the Year Award (For Team) or Sportsman/Sportswoman/Athlete of the Year (For Individual).
- Consistent outstanding sporting achievements (i.e. top 3) in tertiary, national, international competitions or equivalent. For individual award, this includes athletes who have done exceptionally well for their matches despite team not emerging top in the tournament e.g. top tertiary singles but team not 1st in SUniG or IVP
- Tertiary competition: At least 3 other competing university teams or 6 other competing tertiary institution
- National/ Open competition: At least 6 other competing teams
- International competition: At least 6 other competing teams
- Displayed exemplary sportsmanship, conduct and team spirit. For individual award, team athletes, been instrumental for the team’s achievements.
- Contributed back to the community through:
- organising/supporting/coordinating Inter-Faculty Games;
- facilitating teamNUS Summit; or
- organising/participating in any community building/service projects
Before submitting an application, please ensure that you have read and understood the General Eligibility Criteria and other terms and conditions as stated in the Student Life Awards Details here.
All nominations must be made online via this form and submitted by 31 July 2019, 2359 hours. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.