ANS Student Meeting, 26 September 2017
Sep 25, 2017 by Michael J Reilly
The second ANS meeting for the semester is coming up tomorrow, it’s going to be jam packed meeting, so here’s a quick rundown on what you need to know.
1. We will be meeting again in IC 105, and we may continue meeting there as long as attendance remains high.
2. We will be joining Nuclear Science Week for the week of 16 October. There will be a movie screening and a panel featuring a Nobel Laureate. This is designed for the general public outreach. If you can spare your time, we would appreciate some volunteer help.
3. Cornhole team meetups are scheduled for 6PM on Tuesdays.
4. Dues are being collected, $15/semester or $30/year. Cash and Venmo accepted. Please send to @KLisaReed.
5. We will be match making mentors and mentees. So if you need a mentor, we will be doing registration.
6. A workshop for fellowship and internship opportunities will be held on 3 October. We are also soliciting ideas for more workshops to be held this year. You can let us know by filling out this form on orgsync. https://orgsync.com/135800/forms/277818
But that’s not all! We also have a speaker.
Lauren Finklea from the CDC Radiation Studies Branch will be visiting for our meeting to talk about nuclear emergency response.
It should be a very busy meeting. I hope to see you there!