SLCC Anatomy & Physiology Meeting Minutes 3/12/2018
Mar 15, 2018 by Crissy M Fail
Meeting Minutes 3/12/18: 12:00-12:50pm
Members in attendance: Crissy F., Jessica M., Anjanette H., Betsy G., Kelly A., Jeff H.
- Dixie Madsen, Public Education/Public Relations Manager from Intermountain Donor Services, came to the meeting to discuss organ donation with us. April is National Donate Life Month and our club is going to set up a table during the month of April to spread awareness about organ donation. Date of table setup to be announced.
- Hygiene Kits: directly after the meeting, at 1pm, we collaborated with the predental club and assembled hygiene kits to donate to the bruin pantry. We were able to donate over 46lbs of supplies to the pantry on Monday, and sent the predental club home with about 50lbs to donate as well.
- Air Med Tour: Our club will be visiting the Air Med facilities at the University of Utah hospital this Saturday, March 17th at 1pm. If you rsvp'd, I will send out an email with the meeting location at the hospital.
- Walk MS: The National MS Society is having their annual Walk MS event on Saturday, April 28th. They are in need of volunteers and have asked our club to participate. Is there anyone who would like to volunteer at this event? Please email me and let me know.
- Body Donor Tour: Our club has the opportunity to take a tour of the Utah Body Donor center. This is where our cadavers at SLCC come from. The tour will either be Tuesday, April 17 or Tuesday, April 24 from 1-4pm. I need a head count of who would like to attend ASAP so we can go ahead with the planning. Please email me and let me know if you are interested in attending the tour. It's a really unique and interesting opportunity!
- Rock Climbing: We are wanting to do some indoor climbing on a Saturday in April. No date set yet, but I will email more information as it comes.