Volunteer for Diamond Ball Sydney 2018 - Children's Cancer Institute
We are holding a Diamond Ball Dinner in Sydney to help raise funds for Children's Cancer Institute. The main role for volunteers will be as table hosts. This role includes selling raffle tickets and helping with live and silent auctions.
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only independent medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to putting an end to childhood cancer.
Every year 950 Australian children and adolescents will be diagnosed with cancer. Every week nearly three Australian children and adolescents will die of cancer.
Sixty years ago, cancer was nearly always a death sentence for a child. Now 8 out of 10 children survive. What made that huge difference? Medical research.
We need volunteers from approx. 4pm till midnight on Saturday, 1st September 2018 at the International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour. The main role of volunteers will be table hosts. You will be allocated a table and will sell raffle tickets to your table and help them bid on silent and live auction items.
We are looking for volunteers who:
• Are committed to our vision to save the lives of all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering
• Are reliable and invested in supporting us at this event
• Have an interest in large scale events
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Have Eftpos experience and knowledge
• Exhibit flexibility to assist with ad hoc tasks on the day
• Love to meet new people and collaborate as a team
• Hospitality skills
• Know how to have fun
Food, snacks and drinks will be provided.
It's guaranteed to be a fun night with a great cause! If this sounds like an opportunity you want to get involved in don’t wait, apply now!!
Point of Contact (Applications closing 17 Aug!)
Follow this link to apply - https://www.volunteer.com.au/opportunity/expressionofinterest/119567
Emails for more information can be sent to - email@example.com