[CLOSED] Event Volunteer - UNSW Tournament of the Minds Final
What is TOM?
TOM (Tournament of the Minds) offers teams of students the opportunity to solve authentic, open-ended challenges that foster creative, divergent thinking whilst developing collaborative enterprise, excellence and teamwork. Challenges are set in the following disciplines... The Arts, Language Literature, Social Sciences and STEM. https://tom.edu.au
The Finals will be held at UNSW on Sunday 9 September where there will be approximately 600 participants (primary students) their families and teachers on campus participating in a range of exciting learning tasks where 6 finalists will head to Darwin in October for the Grand Finals.
How you can help
The event will be running across the University campus in 88 venues. Primary school students will be participating in a range of learning activities throughout the day
Tournament of the Minds Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet and Greet participants at venues across campus and direct them to the learning spaces for their sessions (a teacher is allocated per group to lead and support the group).
- Volunteers will also transport learning materials to venues and assist teachers to set the rooms up for the participants
- Direct them to their next venues for activities
- Assist the teacher at the learning space to move students through the activities and hand out resources for activities
- Some volunteers will be stationed at key points to direct and answer questions.
- At lunch volunteers will collect and escort groups to the Library Lawn for the BBQ and collect them to take them to their next venue/activity
- At 3:45pm the volunteers will work with the teacher to move the participants to the Clancy for the final presentation as a group.
Contact Details to Apply (Deadline - 20th August)
RSVP to this opportunity and send an email to email@example.com with your full name and availability on the day between 6am and 4pm!
- These details will later be passed on to organisers who will allocate shifts for you