📞 Work On Campus + Earn $$ Making Calls!
Feb 22, 2019 by Stephanie J Preciado
Student Caller Job Description
Student callers are a critical component to keeping open lines of communication with alumni, parents, and friends of Cal State East Bay. Additionally, they raise thousands of dollars a year for scholarships, financial aid, and East Bay initiatives.
This position requires strong verbal communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine desire to advance the mission of Cal State East Bay. Working at the Phonathon is an excellent opportunity to develop your communication, negotiation, and fundraising knowledge and expertise while networking with a wide variety of members of the Pioneer family.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as an ambassador for Cal State East Bay by discussing University projects, accolades, and accomplishments.
- Call constituents (alumni, parents, and friends) to build personal rapport, update demographic information, and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Work with other student callers in a team-oriented environment to achieve goals.
- Commit to a minimum of three 3-hour shifts out of six available shifts per week. The shift times are Sunday 2:30p – 5:30p and Sunday – Thursday 6:00p to 9:00p.
- Build your resume: Develop strong communication, networking, negotiation, fundraising, and marketing skills.
- Connect with Pioneers in a multitude of professions throughout the country.
- Competitive wages: Phonathon callers make $13.00/hour with opportunities for bonuses and advancement.
- Incentives: Snacks, pizza parties, prizes, and regular raises.
To apply email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com