2017 Otis A. Singletary - Outstanding Senior Awards
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at Midnight EST
Award Criteria: The Outstanding Senior Award recognizes one graduating male and one graduating female recipient for their demonstration of superior student involvement through leadership and service at the University of Kentucky throughout their undergraduate career. Areas of leadership involvement include, but are not limited to: publications and scholarship, student organizations, fine arts, athletics, and campus and community service.
Students considered for the award must graduate during one of the following time periods: December 2016, May 2017, August 2017. The recipients receive $1000.
Application Packet (only complete submissions will be considered):
1. the formal application form below
2. recommendation letter signed by a University of Kentucky faculty or staff member; emailed to email@example.com
3. current resume; uploaded with this application
4. list of university leadership involvements/activities organized by year; uploaded with this application
5. a one page essay responding to the following statement:
“As an active undergraduate student leader, what legacy of inclusive leadership and community building do you leave for others who come after you? Please provide examples.”
6. Submit below online form with resume, list of university leadership involvements/activities & one page essay. Faculty and/or staff letter of support can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Announcement: Award recipients will be invited to attend the University Honors and Recognition Awards program on Tuesday, April 18th, 6pm, Hilary J. Boone Center at which time the awards will be presented.
Additional Information: Please call the Office of Student Organizations and Activities at 859-257-7242.