2017 Ohio Latino Student Summit - Program Proposal Submission
The University of Cincinnati invites you to the 2017 Ohio Latino Student Summit, La Fundación: Success on Campus and Beyond, a one day summit held on UC’s main campus during the upcoming fall semester. The purpose of the summit is to connect, empower, and build community while enhancing the Latino/Hispanic student leadership experience in Ohio. Through workshops, motivational speakers, networking opportunities, and leadership development, the Ohio Latino Student Summit will enhance the Latino/Hispanic student experience on your respective campuses. This summit is open to anyone who has an invested interest in enhancing the Latino/Hispanic student experience, as well as any students wanting to gain leadership, professional, and networking skills to encourage student success on campus. Please save the date for this exciting event and forward this information to your students and/or departments/offices.
SAVE THE DATE
2017 Ohio Latino Student Summit
Saturday, September 23, 2017
9:00am – 4:00pm
University of Cincinnati
Tangeman University Center (TUC) - Great Hall
We are calling for proposals designed to advance and support the Latino/Hispanic student experience, which reflect this year's theme: La Fundación (The Foundation): Success on Campus and Beyond. Each session will be 50 minutes, and broken up into three concurrent cycles. Topics can include, but not limited to any of the following:
- Creating, maintaining, and assessing Latino/Hispanic student programs
- Research regarding Latino identity, student success, recruitment and retention etc...
- Latino Student Success
- Combating micro aggressions, marginalization, and understanding intersectionality
- Resources and support for undocumented/DACA students
- Professional development and career readiness for Latino/Hispanic students
- Civic responsibility, advocacy, and community engagement
- How to assess the needs of Latino/Hispanic students for intentional programming
- Empowering and embracing your Latino/Hispanic identity
The DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL IS: FRIDAY, AUGUST 18, 2017.
For more information, visit: http://www.uc.edu/eps/Programs/latino-initiatives/ohio-latino-student-summit.html
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Castro at: email@example.com or Priscilla Ayala at: Priscilla.Ayala@uc.edu.
Priscilla J. Ayala