We are getting ready with new plans and a new agenda for 2017:
1. Reform the Party -- it has become apparent to many young Democrats that the current direction of the party is not working, and thus we must change to a more Progressive party that excites and engages voters.
2. Fighting the Establishment -- We will be promoting and encourage students to run for their county's Precinct Captain to help influence Executive Committee elections and thus influence party policy.
3. Progressive Action in CDO -- When it came to recruiting volunteers to help with the 2016 election, the most common reason for refusal from liberally-minded college students was the party's affiliation with Hillary Clinton and our club's relationship with the Clinton Campaign. The fact of the matter is that students our age overwhelmingly reject the Neo-Liberal policies of Establishment Democrats and we need our state level College Democrats to reflect that in order for College Democrats to remain relevant and effective on campuses across the state.
4. Resisting Trump & Setting the Framework for 2018 -- Needless to say, resisting Trump & protecting people's freedoms and civil rights will be a large part of plans in the next 4 years. Part of this will be setting the framework for retaking the legislature.
5. Hunger on Campus -- Outside of politics we have problems at home that need help. Many people are not aware that hunger is a serious issue at WSU, and one that we are prepared to take on!
Our party was founded on the conviction that wealth and privilege shouldn't be an entitlement to rule and the belief that the values of hardworking families are the values that should guide us.
We didn't become the most prosperous country in the world by rewarding greed and recklessness or by letting those with the most influence write their own rules. We got here by rewarding hard work and responsibility, by investing in people, and by growing our country from the bottom up.
Today Democrats are fighting to repair a decade of damage and grow an economy based on the values of Main Street, not greed and reckless speculation. Democrats are focused on rescuing our economy not just in the short run but also rebuilding our economy for the long run, an economy that lifts up not just some Americans, but all Americans.
Please attach the organization's constitution.
Vaughn Shanon, Ph.D*