Welcome Future Florida A&M University H.E.R.O Members,
Health and Educational Relief Organization is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students develop into well-rounded and knowledgeable health professionals in respected fields. Through compassion, community service, and educational outreach we will continue to accomplish our mission and make a difference in under-represented communities globally. We need your help! Become a H.E.R.O!
Florida A&M University chapter of H.E.R.O. is a nonprofit student organization structured to help students grow into well-rounded professionals through rendering service to the campus of Florida A&M University, the city of Tallahassee and the country of Guyana.
Please list information about the organizations selection process and include membership requirements if applicable.
In order to become a member of FAMU H.E.R.O., you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student at Florida A&M University
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Successfully complete a membership application
- Pay membership dues in full
- Have an interest in serving local and international communities
(1)To help students grow into well-rounded health professionals through cross cultural immersion and service in the Caribbean.
(2) To provide basic health care to residents of the Caribbean including those living in rural and inner city areas.
(3) To increase community awareness of existing health and educational disparities in the Caribbean, cultivate a desire to serve, and contribute to an overall development of underserved populations.
(4) To provide an opportunity for students, healthcare professionals, and community leaders of different backgrounds to interact and build a network.
Dr. Caroline Odewumi