2017-2018 Dinner Dialogues
Dinner Dialogues provides funding for instructors to host a dinner for their students in their homes, giving instructors an opportunity to get to know their students in a more casual, comfortable setting over a meal. In 2016-2017, the Parent and Family Association sponsored 16 classes and over 300 students to dinner in instructors’ homes.
- The application must be completed by the instructor interested in hosting the event.
- The instructor will be refunded for the costs of food for up to $5 per student.
- The attendance should be 30 students or less, and the invitation should be extended to an entire class.
- The instructor will be reimbursed even if students do not show up.
- Alcohol cannot be served during this event, even if students are over 21.
- The dinner must be hosted in an instructor's home.
- The dinner cannot be held during midterms week, dead week, or finals week.
- Students will be expected to find transportation to the event (encourage carpooling, as some students may not have vehicles).
- The application should be submitted no later than two weeks before the event.
- Funding will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until available funds are exhausted.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email within seven days indicating how much funding is available for your dinner and details on how to receive the funding.
- In order to be reimbursed, the applicant will need to provide three things within five days of the dinner: (1) a sign-in sheet from the dinner with students' signatures, (2) an itemized receipt from the food purchased (please make sure not to include personal items purchased at the same time as the food), (3) a filled out version of the Request for Employee Reimbursement and Invoice form, and (4) indicate where you would like the check for reimbursement to be sent.