Provost Scholars Program Student Application 2018-2019
Planning for admission to the Provost Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University and the East Cleveland City Schools (ECCS) is a multistage process that begins with administrative and faculty referrals. It is designed to ensure that the individuals who will be admitted to this program will be able to fully benefit from all of its aspects. The admission requirements are aligned with the mission and goals of the Provost Scholars Program and its policies and procedures.
To be eligible for the program, the student must:
- Be in the enrolled at Heritage Middle School or Shaw High School and is currently in 8 through 10th grades, or will be in 8th grade in the 2018-2019 school year;
- Have a record of excellent school attendance and punctuality;
- Have a 2.5 minimum overall grade point average;
- Have the capacity to self-regulate and control behaviors;
- Be a volunteer in a school/community program or have specific plans for volunteering; and
- Have two outstanding recommendations from school administrators or teachers in the ECCS.
The Provost Scholars Program Student Application and 500-600 word essay must be completed and submitted electronically on or before Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.