Provost Scholar Teacher Recommendation 2017-2018
Planning for admission to the Provost Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University and the East Cleveland City Schools (ECCS) is a multistage process that begins with administrative and faculty referrals. It is designed to ensure that the individuals who will be admitted to this program will be able to fully benefit from all of its aspects. The admission requirements are aligned with the mission and goals of the Provost Scholars Program and its policies and procedures. For clarity, other requirements for admission to this program include (1) completing a 500-word essay, (2) submitting all parent and Provost Scholar letters of agreement for participation; and (3) completing the Provost Scholar Application. Specific to your recommendation, you are being requested to consider the following program requirements before completing this form, and electronically submitting it Wednesday, May 17, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
The student must:
- Be in the enrolled at Heritage Middle School or Shaw High School and is currently in 8 through 10th grades, or will be in 8th grade in the 2017-2018 school year;
- Have a record of excellent school attendance and punctuality;
- Have a 2.5 minimum overall grade point average;
- Have the capacity to self-regulate and control behaviors;
- Be a volunteer in a school/community program or have specific plans for volunteering; and
- Have two outstanding recommendations from school administrators or teachers in the ECCS.