Creativity in Mathematics and Science (CMS Project) Application
Through the CMS Scholars program, you will work on projects related creativity in STEM and expand your experiences in your fields. The CMS Scholars program is a research-based program that will help you apply principles learned in other courses and projects. You can learn more about the Creativity in Mathematics and Science (CMS Project) before you apply.
STEM and non-STEM majors welcome Benefits gained from being a CMS Scholar:
- Preparation for research
- Teamwork with peers from other majors
- Access to faculty mentors
- Experience for graduate school and industry
- Department recognition
What does being a CMS Scholar Mean?
- Participate in discussions and problem solving tasks to develop, invent and use creative approaches to solve problems from your courses
- Identify a question that interests you for research and approach the question in creative ways.
- Develop the process over solution while exploring.
- Work both individually and in teams on projects
- Participate in a culminating symposium