Airfare Request Form 2019-2020
This form is used for ASUO-recognized student organizations to request an airfare for their officers/members to attend events and for guests to travel here and participate in their events.
Only travel quotes from Premier Travel (541-747-0909) can be booked through UO Travel Office. Airfare requests take a lot of coordination between the ASUO, UO Travel Office and travel agencies. So, it's very important that requests are submitted on time.
Deadline? Form must be submitted and approved before 2:00 PM on the day airfare needs to be booked
Who Can Submit? Only authorized signers for your organization. Forms submitted by non-authorized signers will be denied.
Tips for Completing:
- If the airfare is for a contractor all contract paperwork must be submitted to the finance office before the airfare can be processed.
- Obtain a copy of your current ledger from ASUO Finance (email email@example.com) before starting; you will need current balances and names of the budget line items to accurately complete the form.
- Complete the Travel Itinerary Sheet. The travel agent will need the information listed on the form to reserve a flight
- Contact the travel agencies to request for quotes. Let them know that you're with the ASUO. Often times, they'll send you a couple of quotes.
- Get a quote approved by the traveler. Contact the travel agent to reserve the selected quote. Quotes can be reserved for a limited time, be sure to complete the form right away
- The travel agent should email you the reserved quote. Save the email in pdf (to be uploaded later)
- If the airfare request is for student/staff to attend a conference/event, download the event agenda in pdf (to be uploaded later)
NOTE: A comparison quote is required when the traveler combines personal travel with UO travel or when using a non-direct route. For more information, please visit the UO Travel Website http://ba.uoregon.edu/content/air-travel-when-to-get-comparison-air-fare-quote
What Happens After You Submit?
- ASUO Finance will review your form for accuracy and completeness
- Once reviewed by the ASUO Finance, a ASUO prof staff will approve your request and submit to the UO Travel Office
- UO Travel Office will do final review and will send payment authorization to the travel agency to book the flight
- The travel agency will send an email with booking information by 5:00 PM
For general questions about completing the form, please contact ASUO Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-0626
DISCLAIMER: You may receive emails from UO's travel system: SAP Concur. The email may mention that there is an outstanding credit card transaction. Please disregard these emails.