DFC Benchmark Memo for 2017-18
This form is used by UO departments to submit information about their anticipated 2017-18 budget proposal to the ASUO Departments Finance Committee. "Benchmarks" help student government members plan for the upcoming budget process. The information provided in this form is not binding for either party and does not represent an agreement with the ASUO.
Deadline? Benchmark memos must be submitted by 11:59pm on Monday, October 24
Who Can Submit? Only UO departments who have been invited to submit a proposal for the ASUO's 2017-18 budget process. If your department has not been invited by a member of the ASUO Department Finance Committee, please email email@example.com to discuss.
- Are you an outside organization or UO Athletics? Click here for the 2017-18 ACFC Benchmark Memo form.
- Are you a student organization? You do NOT submit a benchmark memo. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about applicable budget deadlines/steps.
Tips for Completing:
- Only 1 form will be accepted per department.
- Avoid surprises later! While benchmarks are not binding, please be as specific and accurate as possible about any proposed changes in the types of services/programming provided and related costs.
- Click here for the Current Service Level Memo, which includes information on projected costs for the 2017-18 fiscal year compiled by the ASUO Finance and EMU Business offices.
What Happens After You Submit?
- A member of DFC will review your benchmark memo and "approve" the form; approval means your form has been accepted, NOT that proposed changes have been accepted.
- Between October 17-24, you will receive an email from DFC with additional budget information and a link to the DFC Budget Proposal Form for 2017-18.
- Your department must submit your formal proposal by 11:59pm on Friday, November 11.
Questions? Contact the ASUO Department Finance Committee at email@example.com. A DFC member will follow-up with you as soon as possible.