Florida FFA COVID-19 Preparedness Plan: Update #2
Mar 12, 2020 by Ronnie Simmons
Gainesville, Florida - The Florida FFA Association continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the United States, and we are committed to taking proactive steps to protect the health of our staff, our teachers, our stakeholders and the students we serve.
In accordance with guidance received from multiple federal, state and local agencies, we are taking the following precautionary actions, effective immediately:
- All staff and state officer business travel will be limited beginning Monday, March 16th through Sunday, March 29th, except for trips that are approved as necessary and responsible. Travel beyond March 29th will be evaluated at a later date.
- Veterinary Assisting CDE (March 14) - Will continue as scheduled at this time.
- FFA Foundation Beast Feast (March 21) - CANCELLED with intent to reschedule at a future date.
- State Leadership Summit (SLS) (March 21-22) - CANCELLED with intent to facilitate delegate work electronically.
- State Land Judging (March 27) - POSTPONED until further notice.
- All Florida FFA events and activities beyond March 30th will be evaluated on a rolling basis and any necessary communications will be shared as appropriate. Additionally, for all FFA events and activities scheduled to be hosted by the University of Florida, we will follow their guidance at the appropriate time.
As you might imagine, we will continue evaluating the COVID-19 situation through guidance offered by the CDC and other federal and state health organizations. We ask for your help in assuring that our members, families and advisors know we are evaluating and taking precautions during this uncertain time. We will continue to act in the interest of the health and safety for everyone taking part in our events.
Please contact me if you have additional questions or if our staff can be of assistance to you.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevention and Treatment, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Travel Health Notices — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Ronnie D. Simmons
Executive Secretary / Director
Florida FFA Association, Inc.
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
The Florida FFA Association is a resource and support organization that does not select, control, supervise or approve local chapter or individual member activities except as expressly provided for in the Florida FFA Constitution and Bylaws.
The Florida FFA Association affirms its belief in the value of all human beings and seeks diversity in its membership, leadership and staff as an equal opportunity employer.