Meeting Information: Florida FFA Board of Directors
Feb 22, 2019 by Ronnie Simmons
In a continued effort for inclusion and transparency in the governance of the organization, the following summary of the previous meeting and notification/call for agenda items for the next meeting is being provided to FFA stakeholders.
Summary of Actions - Previous Meeting
The Florida FFA Board of Directors, Consultants, State Officers and staff met in Haines City, Friday, January 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM for a regularly scheduled quarterly meeting.
The FFA Board:
- Approved the minutes of previous meeting: November 1, 2018 with corrections.
- Heard the State Officer Report.
- Heard, discussed and accepted the quarterly financial report.
- Heard the association staff update including a report of membership, Agricultural Education/FFA License Plate, CDE/LDE participation and an update on Legislative Budget Request (LBR) efforts.
- Heard Team AgEd reports including Department of Education, Alumni, FAAE, Foundation, UF/AEC/CALS and Florida Farm Bureau/AEST.
- Approved and adopted a board member communication/confidentiality policy to be renewed annually.
- Appointed a committee, at the request of staff, to organize and develop a comprehensive guidance (policy) manual for FFA operations.
- Appointed a committee to review structure and delivery of LDEs (with emphasis on alternatives to Sub-District model and exploration of an Area LDE model).
- Appointed a committee to review punitive policy for chapters that fail to meet the minimum Quality Chapter Certification standards.
- Heard, discussed and approved the proposal (by Florida Farm Bureau) to develop an Agricultural Discussion Meet LDE to be piloted in June 2019 at the Florida FFA State Convention & Expo.
- Meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:30 PM followed by dinner with FFA members.
Notification of Next Meeting and Call for Agenda Items
As published on the Florida FFA Calendar, the next quarterly meeting of the Florida FFA Board of Directors will be Monday, April 8th, 2019 at 2:30 PM at the Florida FFA Leadership Training Center (LTC) in Haines City following award application judging and in advance of the state officer candidate screening process.
As per board policy, agenda items from board members, staff and stakeholders must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the board meeting (with the exception of emergency situations/items). Following the close of the submission window, a complete board meeting agenda will be published and stakeholders are encouraged to seek/provide feedback to board members and/or staff as necessary.
The deadline to submit agenda items for consideration at the next board meeting is Monday, March 25th, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
If you have questions regarding issues of the board or wish to submit an agenda item for consideration, feel free to contact Florida FFA Staff or an area board representative as follows:
- Area 1 – Stan Scurlock – email@example.com
- Area 2 – Jill Huesman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area 3 – Johanna Davis, Bunnell FFA - DavisJ@FlaglerSchools.com
- Area 4 – Amy Anderson, Ocoee FFA - email@example.com
- Area 5 – Tim Cribbs, Durant FFA - firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair)
- Area 6 – Brian Trimble, Okeechobee Osceola FFA - TrimbleB@okee.k12.fl.us
On behalf of Florida FFA Board of Directors, state officers and staff, we thank you for your interest in the future of Florida FFA and we hope that this summary provides insight into the governance of the organization.
Ronnie D. Simmons
Executive Secretary / Director
Florida FFA Association, Inc.
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
The Florida FFA Association is a resource and support organization that does not select, control, supervise or approve local chapter or individual member activities except as expressly provided for in the Florida FFA Constitution and Bylaws.
The Florida FFA Association affirms its belief in the value of all human beings and seeks diversity in its membership, leadership and staff as an equal opportunity employer.