IMPORTANT: Parking Information for CDEs at UF
Apr 25, 2018 by Ronnie Simmons
Below you will find event information for the 2018 Agriculture Sales, Farm Business Management, Ornamental Horticulture Demonstrations and Vegetable Career Development Events to be held on April 27 on the campus of the University of Florida.
Event Overviews for each of these event are attached. Please review them for specific information and event locations.
Important Event Parking Information - Please Note Changes From Previous Years
We are working closely with UF Transportation & Parking Services regarding FFA events on campus this week. Due to other events on campus, several familiar parking areas that you may have used are no longer available. Please pay close attention to the details below:
- All cars, vans and regular passenger vehicles should park at Flavet Field on the grass parking area. Signs will be be posted near Flavet Field directing you to the correct parking area. A shuttle service will be provided to transport attendees to The Hub, which is centrally located to our events on campus. See shuttle information below and map attached.
- All buses and/or vehicles pulling trailers must park at the Orthopedic Parking Lot west of 34th Street near the Hilton Hotel. A shuttle service will be provided to transport attendees to The Hub, which is centrally located to our events on campus. See shuttle information below and map attached. Note: Please email Ronnie.Simmons@flaffa.org by noon Thursday, April 26th if you plan to be traveling by bus or with a trailer. We will not schedule shuttle service to the Orthopedic lot if it is not needed.
Shuttle Service: The shuttle service will be provided by UF Health (Shands) and will be paid for by Florida FFA. The shuttle is currently scheduled to run between Flavet Field and The Hub during the following times:
- Flavet Field to The Hub - continuously from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- The Hub to Flavet Field - continuously from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Please allow approximately 20 mins for the bus to return to each location, depending on campus traffic.
- The bus will be a Shands UF Health bus with an FFA sign onboard.
- For students competing in OH Demos, we have arranged for passenger and materials drop-off along the curb near Little Hall. To access the drop-off area, enter the parking lot through the main gate on Union Drive and unload materials and accompanying passengers along the Union Drive curbside. Parking is not available in this area. Once unloaded, vehicles must be moved to Flavet Field.
- For students competing in all other events and activities not requiring drop-off, please proceed to Flavet Field for parking and shuttle service.
- Please note the check-in times and event locations, as they are different for each event.
- Do not park in any lot that has a color designation other than Green. Parking lots with signage containing Red, Orange, Blue, Brown, Visitor, Metered, Restricted, or a specific license number, etc. are restricted and violators will be ticked and/or towed. Once you locate your building on the list below, you can use the UF Campus Map at the following link to determine driving directions. http://campusmap.ufl.edu/. If you have parking questions, please call UF Parking and Transportation Services at 352-392-8048.
Maps for Parking
Membership & Competitive Event Participation
FFA members competing in any Career Development Event (CDE) or Leadership Development Event (LDE) at the state level (including online and onsite preliminaries) must be listed on the chapter’s membership roster and the roster must have been submitted to state. During the two business day period following the publishing of event results, while results are considered to be “unofficial”, membership eligibility will be confirmed for all participants on qualifying teams. For any chapter whose members are not found on the roster, the FFA advisor will be notified and given an opportunity to correct the roster and pay a $100 late fee by the close of business (5:00pm EST) on the second business day. If corrections are not made and/or the late fee not paid, students will be removed from the score report.
Quality Chapter Plan Submission & Competitive Event Participation
FFA chapters must submit the Quality Chapter Plan prior to participating in any competitive event. If the Quality Chapter Plan has not been submitted by the close of business on the published registration deadline, the chapter will not be considered for official ranking within that event. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS! While the chapter will be eligible to register and participate, participants will not be included in the scoring process. To avoid eligibility issues, the Quality Chapter Plan should be submitted by the published due date. You will not be able to register without confirming you have completed this step.
Per Florida FFA Board Policy, NO ALTERNATES will be permitted to participate in any competitive event.
Event Overview - 2018 Ag Sales CDE.pdf Click to View
Event Overview - 2018 State MS Vegetable CDE.pdf Click to View
Event Overview - 2018 State HS Vegetable CDE.pdf Click to View
Event Overview - 2018 OH Demo CDE.pdf Click to View
Event Overview - 2018 Farm & Agribusiness Management CDE.pdf Click to View