Award Applications-Reminders and Changes
Jan 29, 2018 by Erin Walker
As you begin to complete and submit award applications this year, please take a moment to review the information in this message as well as the attached documents.
March 1: American FFA Degree, State FFA Degree, Star Applications
March 15: National Chapter Award, Proficiency Award Applications
April 2: Alumni Awards, Gary Lee Alumni Scholarship, Chapter Co-Op, Chapter Advocacy Award, Outstanding District Officer, FFA Advisor of the Year, Alumni Essay, Feeder Steer & Feeder Swine Proficiency Applications
Star Award Submissions
- State Star Discovery – Reminder that he application is available through MyFFA and is consistent with the rest of the star award applications. This application can be accessed in Application Center and no previous versions of the application will be accepted.
- All Star Awards - two new documents are now required in addition to the application from MyFFA: Award Certification Signature Page and the Degree (or Degree application for Discovery-Chapter). These documents should be attached to the front of the Star Application.
- Chapter Degree Application: https://www.ffa.org/sitecollectiondocuments/deg_chapterapp.pdf
- Greenhand Degree Application: https://www.ffa.org/sitecollectiondocuments/deg_greenhand_app.pdf
- Discovery Degree Application: https://www.ffa.org/sitecollectiondocuments/deg_discovery_app.pdf
- Agriscience Fair - This application is available through MyFFA. Participants are required to use the provided written report template provided by National FFA. Florida FFA uses the application that can be found in the Application Center of MyFFA.
- Submission requirements can be found in the Award Programs section of the FFA Guide and on the Awards and Recognition page of FloridaFFA.org.
- Applications must be submitted on the correct form. If you are unsure about what form to use please contact our office.
- Any application received that does not use the proper form will not be accepted.
- Applicants who mail their award applications are encouraged to send them using a method that can be tracked (e.g. UPS) in the case that an issue was to arise. Applications that are received through fax or email will not be accepted.
In addition to the FFA Guide, National FFA has created several valuable resources to assist you with the new online and other existing application applications. The following items and more are available at FFA.org:
- Award Program Handbooks
- Sample Applications (American Degree, Proficiency Awards)
- Application Help Guides
- Award Program Rubrics (Agriscience Fair, Stars, Proficiency, National Chapter)
Award Application Reminders
- Binding – Applications are to be bound when they are submitted. Acceptable forms of binding: stapling, spiral binding or three-prong award application folders. Unacceptable forms of binding: paper clips, three-ring binders. *DO NOT SEND APPLCATIONS WITHOUT ANY FORM OF BINDING!
- Paper – Applications should be printed on a high quality, matte, white paper. Applications should not be printed on card stock, colored or glossy paper.
- Printing – Applications (including Degrees) should be printed single-sided only.
- Pictures - Any pictures include in an application should be of the highest quality possible and printed in color. Pictures should be sized before they are imported into the application.
- Signatures - Applications that are missing signatures will be disqualified.
- Altered Applications – Applications that have been altered from their original form will be disqualified.
American Degree Applications: Changes
Application (hardcopy) is due to Florida FFA by March 1st.
Automatic Upload of Chapter & Advisor Information:
Chapter and advisor information (name, address, school, phone, email) now loads automatically into the application cover page.
- The information comes directly from the Chapter and Advisor profile information provided to the FFA.org profile system by the FFA Advisor.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIPS:
Corrections to this information cannot be made in the application itself, the authorized FFA advisor must log in to FFA.org and make the corrections in their advisor profile.
- The application may need to be refreshed (log out and log back in) for the changes to show. There is also a “Refresh” button for the advisor information.
- If a chapter advisor is missing the advisor needs to register themselves in FFA.org as the chapter advisor and request state staff approval.
- If a chapter advisor needs to be removed from the chapter profile, state staff must make this change-please notify us if we need to remove an old advisor.
The application will check the membership id number of the member profile used to start the application against National FFA Organization membership records.
- The application will check for and display all years in which the applicant was/is an FFA member from 2013-14 forward.
- 3 years of consecutive FFA membership and membership in the current year are required to qualify for the American FFA Degree.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIPS:
- Members who advisors have mistakenly entered as new members instead of renewed as continuing members will have multiple FFA ID numbers. **PLEASE EMAIL ERIN.WALKER@FLAFFA.ORG IF A STUDENT IS MISSING A MEMBERSHIP YEAR OR HAS MULTIPLE MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS.**
- AET customers who start applications through AET need to ensure their information in AET matches that in FFA.org for the membership check to work properly.
Signed hard copies of the American FFA Degree signature page have been replaced with an electronic signature process.
Electronic signatures are required from:
- Applicant - typed directly into the application when complete. Applicant must be signed in and working on the application in their own profile to be able to sign.
- Chapter Advisor – typed directly into the application before submitting to state designated regional/state staff. For multi-advisor chapters any one of the advisor can sign the form electronically.
- Parent/Guardian – applicant enters name(s) and email information and clicks button which sends email to parent/guardian. Parent/guardian clicks link in email to sign application.
- Principal or Superintendent - applicant enters name and email information and clicks button which sends email to administrator. Administrator clicks link in email to sign application.