Nov 28, 2017 by Michael J Rogalsky
Good Morning Agricultural Education Family,
Today, November 28, 2017, is #GivingTuesday. Entering its sixth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year and a growing catalog of resources.
The Florida FFA Foundation is promoting this event through social media and encouraging those who believe in growing leaders, building communities and strengthening agriculture to provide support to our organization. I encourage each of you to share our posts and remind your friends what #GivingTuesday is all about!
We have many ways one can give to the Florida FFA Foundation:
- General Fund Donation: https://donorbox.org/flffafoundationdonate
- Monthly Reoccurring Donations: https://donorbox.org/flffafoundationdonate
- Donate via Venmo: @FloridaFFAFoundation
- Purchase items on our Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/6iozfJW
Along with the items on our Amazon Wishlist, we are always looking for individuals willing to assist with service projects at the Leadership Training Center. If you have folks willing to step up and assist with a project, please have them contact me at Michael.Rogalsky@flaffa.org. Some of those projects include:
- Painting newly built villa staircases
- Landscaping around villas
- Pressure washing
- Touch up painting inside sleeping rooms
- Carpentry work on decks, docks and small staircases
- Electrician to assist with installing new lighting in the Farm Bureau Meeting Room
- Painter to assist with exterior building painting
Thank you for the impact each of you make on our students each day. You are changing lives, and those young people might not tell you, but they appreciate what you do for them. Have a great rest of the week!
In Blue and Gold,
Michael J. Rogalsky