2017-2018 CDE/LDE Revision Summary
Aug 23, 2017 by Hannah H Cantrell
Advisors –I hope that your school year is off to a great start and that you find yourself getting back into the swing of things! Below you will find the summary of CDE/LDE revisions which were approved by the FL FFA Board of Directors this summer. These changes will go into effect on the state level this school year.
- Forestry (MS/HS) - Trees have been combined into one single list. There will no longer a different list for the district event and the state event.
- Citrus (MS/HS) - The list of weeds has been updated.
- Aquaculture (MS/HS) - No costumes will be allowed for the team presentation.
- Environmental Science - No costumes will be allowed for the team presentation.
- Vegetable (MS/HS) - Addition of an online preliminary exam (written exam + kinds/varieties identification). Top 30 middle school teams and the top 30 high school teams will advance to the state finals in April.
- Agricultural Mechanics - The number of the questions on the written exam at the state finals has been reduced from 75 to 50 questions.
CDE/LDE Policy Updates
- Alternate Policy - Alternates will not be permitted to participate in any event, at any level.
Quality Chapter Plan Submission & Competitive Event Participation - FFA chapters must submit the Quality Chapter Plan prior to participating in any competitive event. If the Quality Chapter Plan has not been submitted by the close of business on the published registration deadline, the chapter will not be considered for official ranking within that event. While the chapter will be eligible to register and participate, participants will not be included in the scoring process. To avoid eligibility issues, the Quality Chapter Plan should be submitted by the published due date. You will not be able to register without confirming you have completed this step.
- Membership & Competitive Event Participation - FFA members competing in any Career Development Event (CDE) or Leadership Development Event (LDE) must be listed on the chapter’s membership roster and the roster must have been submitted to state. During the two-day period while event results are considered to be “unofficial”, membership eligibility will be confirmed for all participants. Members who are found to not be on the roster will be disqualified and scores removed from the score report. You will not be able to register without confirming you have completed this
These changes are reflected in the updated Florida FFA CDE/LDE Handbook that is available on the competitive events page of flaffa.org