National FFA Convention Housing Information - Florida Block Now Open
Jul 26, 2017 by Ronnie Simmons
To book rooms in the Florida Block, visit: https://aws.passkey.com/go/StateFL2017
Below you will find the information pertaining to lodging at the 90th National FFA Convention. Please note that this process is very different from previous years and it is very important that you understand the booking process prior to securing your rooms. Below is the explanation of the new housing process.
Be Ready – Don’t Miss Out: On Wednesday, July 26th at 12:00 PM (noon), we will release the link to the booking engine so that chapters can begin making reservations online. Until then, be sure you plan accordingly and know exactly how many rooms you will need to book when the system goes live. Remember, there is a hefty cancellation fee for unnecessary rooms booked.
The 90th National FFA Convention is scheduled for October 25-28, 2017 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Please visit the National Convention link at https://www.ffa.org/events/conventionandexpo/ where you can download the advisors planning guide and other important information about this year’s national convention. The Florida delegation will be housed at the Embassy Suites Indianapolis North and the Sheraton Indianapolis at Keystone Crossing.
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis North
- Sheraton Indianapolis at Keystone Crossing (shopping mall)
These hotels are not in the immediate downtown area and are not within walking distance to convention activities. Both are about 12 miles from the main convention venue. Convention attendees without transportation will have the option to purchase a week-long Convention/Hotel Shuttle pass directly from National FFA as a part of the online registration process.
Please adhere to the following guidelines to make sure that you and your members will have a room in Indianapolis.
- Booking Method: All reservations will be made online directly by the FFA Chapter Advisor. A link to the online booking engine for the Florida FFA block will be made available by Florida FFA on Wednesday, July 26th at 12:00 PM (noon).
- Room Costs: Room costs, per night are approximately $162.00 per night (plus tax). Chapters are responsible for all incidental charges upon check-out.
- Credit Card Required for Booking: A credit card is required to be on file at the time of booking. Credit cards must have an expiration date of October 29, 2017 or later. Charges will not be made to that card unless rooms are cancelled. See special note regarding 2017 cancellation fees below.
- Payment Options: Chapters will work directly with hotel to determine method of payment. If you choose to pay hotel by check or purchase order, those arrangements must be made directly with the hotel after September 21st. Please do not contact the hotel directly until they have received your reservation from the housing bureau after September 21st.
- Room Cancellation Policy: It is now more important than ever before for you to only book rooms that you are certain you will need. There is a hefty cancellation fee for rooms cancelled prior to convention, as follows:
- Room reservations cancelled between May 1st and August 16th, a $50.00 non-refundable cancellation fee per room cancelled will be charged. During this time, you may make changes to the reservation without penalty, but if the reservation is cancelled, the penalty fee will be charged to the credit card associated with the reservation. Prior to making the cancellation, you may go into the reservation and change the credit card on file.
- Room reservations cancelled between August 17th and September 20th, a $75.00 non-refundable cancellation fee per room cancelled will be charged. During this time, you may make changes to the reservation without penalty, but if the reservation is cancelled, the penalty fee will be charged to the credit card associated with the reservation. Prior to making the cancellation, you may go into the reservation and change the credit card on file.
- Room reservations cancelled between September 21st and your scheduled arrival date, a non-refundable cancellation fee of one night’s room & tax per room cancelled will be charged.
- Housing Cut-off Date: September 20th is the last day to make new reservations, changes to existing reservations or cancellations through the Housing Bureau. Following this date, guests will be referred to hotels directly for all changes, cancellations and billing arrangements. As a courtesy, please allow the hotels a couple of days beyond September 20th to sort and access the information provided to them from the Housing Bureau.
- Late Arrivals: If your party will be arriving after the reservation check-in day, please contact the hotel directly in advance to inform them of the change. Not providing advance notice will result in a fee and possible loss of rooms.
- Early Departures: An early departure fee of one night’s room and tax will be charged for each room that departs prior to the reserved check-out date, without prior hotel approval. Please advise the hotel at or before check-in of any change in the scheduled length of stay.
- Convention Registration for chapters who will be staying in the Florida Hotel Block or utilize the convention housing processes is $55.00. Convention registration is $70.00 for chapters that do not stay with the National FFA housing block. Please do not send convention registration or hotel payment to the Florida FFA office. Convention registration may be accomplished through the On-Line Convention Registration system or by completing the appropriate forms provided by National FFA.
- A school district approved chaperone is required for each six FFA members. Please note that our policy requires that all chaperones/advisors stay at the same hotel as their FFA members.
- Upon checkout, the person responsible for the bill must pay incidental expenses incurred (phone, room service, parking, etc.). Check your bill, pay any incidentals, and then sign the bill. Your signature acknowledges that the bill is correct.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 352.378.0060 or by email at Ronnie.Simmons@flaffa.org.
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
The Florida FFA Association is a resource and support organization that does not select, control, supervise or approve local chapter or individual member activities except as expressly provided for in the Florida FFA Calendar, Constitution and Bylaws.