Kicking off the Delegate Process - Issue & Idea Submission
Mar 6, 2017 by Kevin Kent
FFA Members, Advisors & Stakeholders,
Florida FFA is excited to launch the Delegate Process for the 89th Florida FFA State Convention! Much like the legislative branches of our state and federal governments, the student delegate process begins with feedback from the constituents – including FFA members, advisors, and stakeholders. We are asking these groups to submit ideas, issues, and/or amendments that are important to the future of the Florida FFA Association. Once collected, these issues will be reviewed by the State FFA Officers and final committees will be revealed to the leadership delegates in attendance at the State Leadership Summit (SLS).
At SLS, students will form delegate committees and begin their committee work. In addition, they will review any proposed constitutional and/or by-laws amendments. Following the State Leadership Summit and by April 1st, the final delegate issues will be made public for review. These issues will then be considered by the voting delegates at the 89th Florida FFA Convention in June.
While at convention, there will be time for public testimony and committee hearings prior to recommendations being heard by the full delegate body. The student Leadership Delegates facilitating this process will be those District, Sub-District and Federation officers as well as current year state officer candidates in attendance at the State Leadership Summit (SLS).
In order for this process to be successful, we need to hear from you. Please submit your ideas and/or issues that you would like to be considered electronically using the online submission form:
All delegate issues should be submitted by Wednesday, March 15th at 12:00 PM (noon).
Delegate Process Overview and Timeline (subject to change):
- Step 1: Solicit Feedback from FFA Chapters
- Step 2: Feedback is reviewed by State FFA Officers
- Step 3: Delegates Issues are revealed to Leadership Delegates at State Leadership Summit
- Step 4: Delegate Committees & Issues Published
- Step 5: Chapter Delegates research and prepare testimony for State Convention
- Step 6: Leadership Delegate Orientation (District, Sub-District, Federation Officers & State Officer Candidates)
- Step 7: Delegate Committee Hearings (Public Testimony)
- Step 8: Delegate Committee Meetings (Delegates Only)
- Step 9: Delegate Business Session
- Step 10: Delegate Recommendations are presented to the FFA Board of Directors for Consideration