Award Applications - Reminders and Changes
Feb 14, 2017 by Kevin Kent
As you begin to complete and submit award applications this year, please take a moment to review the information in this message as well as the attached documents.
New This Year
- Photos - Please be sure that your photos are landscape or horizontal.
- State Star Discovery - The application is now available through MyFFA and is consistent with the rest of the star award applications. This application can be accessed in Application Center and no previous versions of the application will be accepted.
- All Star Awards - two new documents are now required in addition to the application from MyFFA: SAE Agreement and Award Certification Signature Page. The application requirements list has been updated on FloridaFFA.org.
- Agriscience Fair - This application is now available through MyFFA. Participants are required to use the provided written report template provided by FFA.
- National Chapter Award - the new version of this application is now available through MyFFA. No previous versions of the application will be accepted.
- Submission requirements can be found in the Award Programs section of the FFA Guide and on the Awards and Recognition page of FloridaFFA.org.
- Applications must be submitted on the correct form. If you are unsure about what form to use please contact our office.
- Any application received that does not use the proper form will not be accepted.
- Applicants who mail their award applications are encouraged to send them using a method that can be tracked (e.g. UPS) in the case that an issue was to arise. Applications that are received through fax or email will not be accepted.
In addition to the FFA Guide, National FFA has created several valuable resources to assist you with the new online and other existing application applications. The following items and more are available at FFA.org:
- Award Program Handbooks
- Sample Applications (American Degree, Proficiency Awards)
- Application Help Guides
- Award Program Rubrics (Agriscience Fair, Stars, Proficiency, National Chapter)
Award Application Reminders
- Binding – Applications are to be bound when they are submitted. Acceptable forms of binding: stapling, spiral binding or three-prong award application folders. Unacceptable forms of binding: paper clips, three-ring binders.
- Paper – Applications should be printed on a high quality, matte, white paper. Applications should not be printed on card stock, colored or glossy paper.
- Printing - Applications should printed single-sided only.
- Pictures - Any pictures include in an application should be of the highest quality possible and printed in color. Pictures should be landscape or horizontal, not portrait or vertical.
- Signatures - Applications that are missing signatures will be disqualified.
- Altered Applications – Applications that have been altered from their original form will be disqualified.