Teaching the Holocaust: Empowering Students
Why Attend This Program?
This learning opportunity will prepare you to initiate the important discussions and respond to the toughest questions your students have about the Holocaust. The why. The how.
Through this program, educators will:
- Explore a sound pedagogy for the planning and implementation of Holocaust education in the classroom;
- Examine instructional enhancements to support student learning and understanding;
- Discover and utilize classroom-ready digital assets including lesson plans, visual history testimonies and additional primary source materials;
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust including the history of antisemitism, and
- Build confidence and capacity to teach this complex subject.
What is Echoes and Reflections?
Echoes & Reflections is the premier source for Holocaust educational materials and dynamic content, empowering teachers and students with the insight needed to question the past and foresight to impact the future. We offer a variety of ways to examine critical themes of the Holocaust, including lesson plans, online videos, printable documents, and survivor testimonials that can be used individually or as a larger course of study.
Register at: http://bit.ly/2FzoTwE
For more information, contact: Zoe Burkholder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by: Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Rights Education Project; College of Education and Human Services; and the NJ Commission on Holocaust Education